THIS PROGRAM IS ON PAUSE TILL MID- TO LATE-SEPTEMBER
We will reopen applications then! Thank you for your understanding.
Looking for materials?
Artists, organizers, and groups working on one-off community-building projects, events, and activities that aim to create a more sustainable, inclusive, and/or creative Victoria are welcome to apply for free material resources by filling out this simple online form and agreeing to the report terms.
Grant requests should be made 4 weeks before the materials are needed:
- You will hear back from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application.
- Please allow us up to 2 weeks to process your donation.
Preference given to programming that is free to the public.
To receive a material grant, recipients must agree to the following terms:
- Recipients agree to document (photograph or video) the event, materials in action, and finished product(s) to share their masterpieces with SUPPLY and with their communities by posting to your public online channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website, etc.) and tagging us (@supplyvictoria).
- SUPPLY reserves the right to use any photos or videos in publications or other media produced with our materials, unless expressed in writing.
- Please let us know if you would like the photographer to be attributed.
- Please get verbal or written consent to photograph faces. If photographing children, please ask their guardian(s) and please be sensitive to their requests.
- Once the project is complete, please fill out this short survey expressing the impact of the donations on the project or participants (including quotes if possible). This is also where you can upload your photos, videos, and links to the “spread the love” social media posts. Please complete this survey within 2 weeks after the completion of your project.
- If the materials are no longer needed or the project is cancelled or delayed, please contact us with as much notice as possible. Materials not used during the project should be donated back to SUPPLY.
PAST PROJECTS SUPPORTED THROUGH THE MATERIAL GRANT PROGRAM:
VICTORIA ARTS COUNCIL
supplies for bookbinding workshop
ESQUIMALT COMMUNITY ARTS HUB
supplies for youth workshops
UVIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE CENTRE
decorations, magazines, stamps, and other supplies to create bags to carry art for Family Arts Festival
VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY
supplies for art programming for houseless folks
INDIGENOUS YOUTH FOR WET'SUWET'EN
sign-making & art supplies
THE MANDALA UNITY PROJECT
paint and brushes for coat hanger “unity mandala” at the Earth Springs Sanctuary graduation ceremony
THE EXISTENCE PROJECT
workshop for at-risk youth with body-based exercises to help reduce anxiety, stress, increase self-awareness of their needs
ALPHBT. FUNDRAISER FOR NEED 2 SUICIDE PREVENTION
bags for screen-printed totes
DIRTY DISHES COLLECTIVE
zine-making materials for "Ripples" — a collaborative research residency between artist Kitt Peacock and the Dirty Dishes Collective, taking place within the Crummy Gallery in front of the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria from July 4-11, 2022 as a part of UNIT/PITT's Wrong Wave Festival
OUR PLACE SOCIETY
residents at a long-term treatment facility created art work for therapy to process trauma and explore the root cause of addiction and display at Moss Street Paint-In
supported 20 kids' exploration of paper marionette and puppet-making by Ella MacQueen-Denz at Kaleidoscope Theatre